Here you can find all the posts you need about the Days of Creation as found in our scriptures–what they were, what they may contain, and how they compare with science. Enjoy!
Do the events in the creation account in the scriptures line up chronologically with natural history? Yes… as long as you use the right account–i.e. the one in Abraham 4!
Science tells us that plants and animals appeared through a process of evolution by natural selection. The Book of Abraham may be telling us the same thing… and the crazy thing is it did it first!
Day 1 (13.8–4.5 Ga)
- The First Creation
- The first object or structure created in the universe was a star (Kolob).
- Stars are Creators
- Stars are symbols of Christ.
- That Time Joseph Smith Said The Earth Was Made of Planets
- The earth was formed from pieces of other planets and globes (or stars), and Joseph Smith may have known it back in 1841.
Day 2 (4.5–4.4 Ga)
Day 3 (4.4–3.7 Ga)
Day 4 (3700–600 Ma)
Coming at some point…
Day 5 (600–66 Ma)
Day 6 (66–0 Ma)
The End of the Earth (~5 billion years in the future)
- How the Earth Really Could Become a Sea of Glass, According to Science
- Joseph Smith taught that the Earth will die and become like a sea of glass. Here’s possibly how.
Note: Featured image found here: https://www.michaelgstrauss.com/2017/06/the-six-days-of-creation.html